I was recently asked by Kate of Kate on Thin Ice to think about the Highs and Lows of 2012 (Click to read) for our family. It was an interesting excercise to think over the last 12 months and focus on my hopes and aspirations for 2013.
I thought it might be nice to share your thoughts on your year past and present, for it is always a balancing process to think about where you are and compare your worries and hopes to those of others. I find it makes me stop whining about the little things in life like bad service in a shop or an under par meal.
It's healthy to put behind us negative thoughts and focus on the best bits for the next year. I don't believe in unrealistic resolutions of the 'I will lose 3 stone in weight, become a millionaire and learn to be a Nigella in the kitchen" ilk. They can only lead to insecurities and frustrations.
Instead let's celebrate the important things in life.
If you would like to take part, all you have to do is answer the following questions and add your blog to the linky below. Alternatively, pop your answers on our Facebook page or in a comment below.
1) What was the high point of 2012 for you?
2) When was the most challenging thing, the part that tested you to your limit?
3) What 3 hopes do you hold dear for 2013?
Much love to you and yours for 2013.
- Home/Downs Side Up Blog Posts
- About Me: Hayley Goleniowska
- My Key Must-Read Posts
- Natty G, Model with Down's Syndrome
- See us on YouTube
- Media Appearances for Downs Side Up
- Published articles by Hayley Goleniowska
- Essential Support Websites for Parents
- Down's Syndrome Books and Films
- Tried and Tested Gadget and Toys
- Learning Activities to Try at Home
- Tips and Posts on Family Health and Wellbeing
- Family Members' Posts
- Readers' Stories: Guest Posts
- Product Reviews