We nervously launched our little book, written by our eldest daughter Mia, into the big wide world just under 6 months ago.
'A simply beautiful and touching account.
I wish this book had been around when my daughter was born.'
'Every parent and medical professional should read
this true story of life with Trisomy 21.'
'Educational and full of love, this book shows how
the family have adapted and carried on.'
|I Love You Natty: A Sibling's Introduction to Down's syndrome|
'Downs Side Up is a campaign blog to watch'
The Financial Times newspaper
We have been humbled and astonished at the response to the sibling introduction to Down's syndrome:
- I Love You Natty has been shipped to every corner of the globe.
- It has featured in numerous magazines and newspaper articles and has been reviewed by major charities, such as the DSA who gave it 99*
- Natty took a copy onto the ITV Lorraine Show.
- Proud owners of the sibling introduction to Down's syndrome include: Lorraine Kelly, Norman Lamb MP, CBeebies Dr Ranj, Prof Nikolaides of Harley Street, Fiona Bruce MP, oh, and Prof Richard Dawkins (well, he needed a little educating).
- Copies can be found in Oxford and Cambridge University Libraries, The Houses of Parliament, The Department of Health, school classrooms, Great Ormond Street Hospital and the bookshelves of a house just like yours.
- Bloggers such as Honest Mum have reviewed and run competitions.
- We have donated over 100 books to various organisations, supporters and parents.
- It is now stocked in Waterstones and Sainsbury's Cornwall, as well as Amazon UK.
- Feedback has been 5* from all who have purchased it.
- Youngsters with Down's syndrome say they adore the pictures and some children ask for it to be read to them every day.
- We were very excited to do our first book signing in Waterstones over the Summer and another one is planned for nearer Christmas.
|Natty reads her I Love You Natty to Lorraine Kelly in the green room before gowing on the ITV Lorraine Show|
And we are very proud to announce that we have finally covered our creation and printing costs, (phew!). It was a risk but we've done it.
We are now able to think about funding a reprint and making some minor amendments. We are very excited to now also be able to offer the book to charities, support groups and organisations wishing to sell them on.
So if you would like to stock I Love You Natty or review a copy on your blog please do get in touch.
For retailer costs contact me via email@example.com
Thank you all for your immense support getting this project off the ground. I believe so passionately that such a book is needed, as it was exactly what we sought for Mia after Natty's arrival.
In the meantime we would like to celebrate by giving away 1 copy per week of I Love You Natty during October which is Down Syndrome Awareness Month #DSAM2014
You can enter below for your chance to win.
(Week 1 - Winner was Becky Smith)
Post a Comment
Thank you for joining in the conversation at Downs Side Up